The original Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists. At a time when pedalboards were expanding and backs were breaking, the innovative Fly Rig enabled players to slim down without sacrificing great tone, and travel without fear of baggage surcharges and dreaded mystery backlines. Going beyond being just a multi-effects unit, the all-analog SansAmp technology enables any Tech 21 Fly Rig to be an actual “rig.” You can run directly into mixers of recording desks and PA systems, as well as augment your existing amplifier set-up. Always seeking to improve our offerings and listening to customer feedback, we’ve incorporated some new features to follow the same form factor as later Fly Rigs, such as the Bass, Acoustic, and Paul Landers Signature PL1. The Fly Rig 5 v2 retains the same SansAmp heart, Plexi/Cali distortion and Delay, but adds a few twists and turns within these sections. New features include an independent reverb with choice of room size, an effect loop, a tuner, and an XLR Output.
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level,and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive.
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- Plexi, based upon the Hot-Rod Plexi pedal, brings in the organic distortion of a stock 68 Plexi and includes Level, Tone and Drive controls.
- Hot, within the Plexi section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.