BASS FLY RIG v2
The original Fly Rig, introduced in 2014, was a true game-changer for players in all categories, from touring pros to bedroom hobbyists, and expanded into a series. Each Tech 21 Fly Rig is much more than a pedalboard. In a single pedal. And no board. Less than 13” long and weighing just over 20 oz., each sleek, compact unit embodies an entire rig. At each core, is the all-analog SansAmp, which makes it possible to go direct to a PA or studio mixers and computer interfaces. For effects, you have the essentials and the ability to add some fun stuff, too. What you don’t have are crackling patch cables, dying batteries or ground loops. No stinkin’ van, heavy flight cases, cable spaghetti, and no dead weight. No stressing over what to pack and agonizing over what to leave behind. No dreading cheesy backline loaners and overheating at the mere thought of your touring rig going down. With a Tech 21 Fly Rig, you can relax. For fly gigs across the globe, jamming at the local hang, and last-minute recording sessions, you’ll be the first one ready to go. Just pop your Fly Rig into your guitar case or backpack and head for the door.
WHAT’S NEW: While Bass Fly Rig v2 retains the same 100% analog SansAmp heart and cool effects, it now offers:
- A choice of SansAmp Character modes: SansAmp Bass Driver DI for a variety of classic bass tube amp tones, or VT Bass DI with a more specific focus on Ampeg-style tones.
- Channel switching for two different Drive and Level settings. Go from clean to dirty, not-so-clean to not-so-dirty, very dirty to downright nasty, or any variation in between.
- Effect loop to facilitate incorporating additional outboard effects.
SANSAMP with Choice of CHARACTER Modes and CHANNEL Switching
The expanded SansAmp section features 3-band active EQ and provides professional-grade tweakability for any situation. The Character mode switch offers a choice of voicings within the bass tube amplifier sound spectrum. Channel switches between 2 different Drive and Level settings for when it’s time to kick it up a notch, or two, or three, or… There’s also a Bite switch which activates a presence boost to provide extra clarity to the top end.
OCTAVE and FUZZ
Octave brings a reinvented palette of expression with a crazy amount of possibilities, from Minimoog-style synth to funky town. The controls interact so that you can get dynamically-filtered clean, fuzz, and octave, as well as octave and fuzz together. When Q is at minimum, Range becomes a high-cut tone filter for different versions of clean, fuzz, octave, and octave and fuzz together. You can then blend any of these combinations with your direct signal via the Mix control. But wait, there’s more. By bringing in some COMP, you can get infinite sustain like a keyboard bass. Whew.
Adds the choral voicings of two instruments. With a slight delay between, it adds thickness and space.
COMP, for compression, utilizes old school, all-analog, FET-based technology from the ’50s and ’60s, which is inherently warmer, more transparent and musical.
Simply hold down the Chorus footswitch to engage the Tuner, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- All-analog SansAmp circuitry with built-in speaker/cab sim.
- Two individual Drive controls for gain and overdrive
- Two individual Level controls
- Bite switch activates a presence boost to provide extra clarity to the top end
- On-board active post-EQ section, cut or boost 12dB
- Compression that utilizes old-school FET-based technology
- EFX section with Octafilter, Fuzz, and Chorus
- Chromatic tuner